Sunday, January 24, 2016

Why the internet - the store, the blog, facebook??? What's up with that??


Why is My Fresh Bread Company focused on the internet - with the web store, the blog and facebook?

My vision for My Fresh Bread Company is that it is a win/win business. To me, this means that you can order from your easy chair and rely on the bread to be fresh and wholesome.  Also, you can learn more about the other products available, what's in the bread (info not contained on the label), and even more about the baker (me) from the same easy chair.  But only with a lot of printed material - or via the internet.

To me, it means that I can access your order (or other communication) from my easy chair as well.  It means that I can spend the time I have allocated to this business making and baking bread.  I think - I hope - that this works both ways as a win/win approach.

While today - one paid order to date - this internet approach is not so important, I expect that it will be when I hit half my capacity of 40 loaves per day (which is about 30 pounds of flour each day - or 60 pounds in a week).  At half this much, I expect to be dealing with 20 people at a time which means 20 orders, 20 deliveries (the baking part is no big deal, though I have yet to have a day like that).  And, I suspect that there will be wrinkles in a portion of those orders and that not all deliveries will go smoothly.

So, the objective is not to be impersonal, but efficient.
And, to get you Fresh, Great Tasting Bread.

I expect that you would agree that my bread is much better than my conversation, anyway.


But, give me feedback on how I can improve this system.  While I don't have a storefront, I would like to provide you fresh bread so you can sit in your favorite patio chair with a glass of wine and a hunk of bread and a little olive oil and talk about the day with a loved one.

That's my vision - and the internet is my way of achieving this for for you - and for me.

But, feel free to contact me (starting with an email) if you have any questions.
MyFreshBreadCompany@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment